New owner of ex-Pump-N-Munch....?
Last week I started hearing some about a possible sale of the former BP Pump-N-Munch C-store at South Broadway and 16th Street, but I didn't have a chance to dig for details.
Then the ever-sharp-eyed Jack Van Sickle spotted a "Sold" sign there over the weekend. So after brunch at Denny's on Sunday, I popped by to get a pic (with my surprisingly patient kids in the car).
This is an interesting deal. Of all of the Pump-N-Munches that closed in the summer of 2009, this is probably the spot with the highest profile.
I remember when that one switched from being a Conoco to BP. And I was there the day the they pulled the tanks and tore down one of the pump shelters.
John Jensen and Jack Briggs of Kato Inc. owned all of them at that time. Since then, most have been demolished or re-purposed.
• The Elton Hills one was leveled to make way for Family Video.
• The 37th Street one became a Subway sandwich shop.
• The Country Club Manor one transformed in an Andy's liquor store.
• The Salem Road one was cleared away to make way for a future Think Mutual Bank branch.
• The one by Famous Dave's near Civic Center Drive remains standing and empty.
So the question on the table today is who bought the South Broadway one and what do they plan to do with it.
I'll hopefully have that answer soon. stay tuned.