Rambling Kiger on spot news video + timeline of Chuck/ Joe's building
The life of the 54,000-square-foot building at 1200 16th St. S.W. in Rochester
• 1986 - Twin Cities-based Nash Fitch buys land to build a new Econofoods grocery store.
• September 1988 - Econofoods store opens.
• May 2004 - Nash Finch Co. closed the Econofoods store as well as many others in the state and U.S. during the company's reorganization.
• January 2005 - Developer Kriss Novak of Minnetonka, Minn. announced plans to renovate the former grocery store and re-brand it as Apache Shoppes. He also announced that Linens 'n Things and Cost Plus World Market were going to open stores there.
• August 2005 - Cost Plus World Market opens its new 18,000-square-foot store.
• September 2005 - Linens 'n Things opens its new 27,000-square-foot store.
• December 2006 - Apache Shoppes, including the Cost Plus and Linens 'n Things building and a nearby newly built commercial strip, was, sold to Inland Real Estate Corp. of Oak Brook, Ill. for $12.3 million.
• May 2008 - Linens 'n Things closes its store.
• January 2009 - Cost Plus World Market closes its store.
• December 2009 - Chuck E. Cheese's announces plans to open in the former Cost Plus World Market space.
• May 2010 - Chuck E. Cheese's deals falls through.Trader Joe's announces plans to open a grocery store in the space Chuck E. Cheese's had planned on using.
• July 2010 - Chuck E. Cheese's says it is coming to Rochester and will be next to Trader Joe's in the ex-Linens-N-Things store.