Here's the latest from Rochester Emergency Management regarding storm potential today:
- Strong to severe storms are expected to develop in central to southwest MN Tuesday afternoon, then evolve into a line of strong to potentially severe storms as they move into southeast MN, western WI and northeast IA Tuesday evening into the overnight hours.
- Main threats:
- Damaging winds (main threat).
- Large hail (more-so if storms move in during the early evening hours)
- Isolated tornado? (also if storms move in during the early evening hours)
- Locally heavy rainfall
- 7 pm to 2 am Tuesday evening/Tuesday night.
- Entire area. Greatest threat is across southeast MN and parts of western WI where storms are expected to arrive earlier vs. later in the evening.
- Rather high that storms are going to occur. Low on the details of storm evolution and timing into the area. Overall confidence is medium.
Video Briefing: A YouTube briefing is available at: https://youtu.be/W2xtr0SH_yc