Reporter Edie Grossfield has a story today on $6.9 million in capitol projects at Mayo from June to December of last year that count toward the $200 million in new development needed to trigger the release of $585 million in public funding for DMC.
The list of projects isn't exactly breathtaking...most are for remodelling, and a skeptic would say, this is the type of stuff Mayo would do regardless of DMC, right?
• Core 200 Saint Marys Hospital Operating Room Renovation
• Anatomic Pathology Office Remodel
• Remodeling laboratory space on Guggenheim 5.
• Development Remodel
• 2915 Warehouse Infrastructure
• Psychiatry and Psychology Master Plane, Phase 1A - Generose Main
• Institute Hills Chiller Replacement
• Dermatology Remodel
• Sports Medicine Center
• Mary Brigh East Expansion
The last few projects are biggies, but obviously not a lot of money was charged to DMC on those. Mayo says it spent closer to $300 million in total capital projects last year.