Here's a letter that went to a few Rochester City Council members and Mayor Ardell Brede, and cc'ed to us. We're not aware of other neighbhorhood concerns, but we're checking it out.
I am writing to follow up with you on the points I made during the City Council meeting on Monday, December 16th. Perhaps not as salient as a presentation I wanted to make, but the points are listed below. Once again, I am a resident of Ward 4, Precinct 8.
I want an official response for the record, from the City Counsel, Mayor Brede, and RCTC, to my points.
1. What is the current Charter/Covenant that RCTC has with the city in regard to an outdoor stadium, and expansion in general?
2. Is RCTC seeking an exception to any building Covenant/Rules in order to add seating to the existing stadium?
3. What changes can be made to mitigate the anticipated increase in the noise levels at the expanded facility. It is possible to flip the design before construction, but not in hindsight.
4. Can changes be made in the proposed design to address issues related to noise and light pollution? For example, what kind of landscaping and tree planting will be part of the expansion project?
5. How will noise levels be monitored and enforced in the future?
6. Will the stadium host musical performances, rock concerts, and other performances that are in nature, “amplified sound performances”. Should these performances be allowed?
7. How late can activities and performances last into the evening? Is there a limit? How often can performances exceed a limit without a penalty?
Thank you for your consideration, and please keep me informed about future meetings where this topic will be discussed again.
I look forward to your replies,