News release this morning -- we'll have more details shortly:
Rochester Fire Department
Time and date of Incident: 2138 hours, 11-6-13.
Incident Address: 2902 Charles Court NW, Rochester, MN
Situation Found: Residential Carbon Monoxide alarm alerted occupants, who called 911.
Actions Taken: Fire department found elevated Carbon Monoxide levels in the apartment. Identified the cause to be an oversized pot of water on the gas stove top causing excessive Carbon Monoxide levels to be released into the apartment. RFD ventilated the structure to removed CO. Fire Department Tested Carboxyhemoglobin levels in an infant and a child. Infant transported to St Mary’s for further treatment.
Assisting Agencies: Minnesota Energy, and Gold Cross Ambulance.
Damage Description: None
Damage Estimate: None
Civilian Injuries/Fatalities: Infant transported for treatment.