'Implement a county administrator form of government'
A reader sent me a note regarding the Wabasha County Board meeting this week and asserted that the draft recommendations regarding county government reorganization did NOT include a recommendation that a county administrator be hired.
In fact, the draft report does include that recommendation:
1. Implement a county administrator form of government
2. Retain the present location of the GIS Coordinator
3. Determine the location of the Environmental Services Department
4. Explore the merger of the Social Services and Public Health Departments
5. Consider the relocation of Veteran’s Services to the Social Services Building
6. Direct the County Administrator to evaluate the support functions and develop an administrative
7. Strengthen the Human Resources function
8. Determine if you want to explore options with the Auditor-Treasurer, Recorder and Assessor
9. Assign the Emergency Management Director to the Sheriff’s Office