FELDY: Last week wasn't a very shining moment for either of us, Phersy, but especially you. We both were way off the mark on Austin against Faribault and we both thought JM would win a competitive game against Century. Turns out, Century had no inkling of letting it be close. I went 5-2 and am 23-5; Phersy went 3-4 and is now 20-8. Let's put last week in the past and move on to this week's games:
BIG NINE CONFERENCE
* Rochester Mayo (3-1) at Faribault (2-2)
* Plainview-Elgin-Millville (3-1) at Rochester Lourdes (4-0)
* Stewartville (4-0) at Lake City (3-1)
* Caledonia (5-0) at Chatfield (3-1)
* Kenyon-Wanamingo (1-3) at Dover-Eyota (1-3)
* Grand Meadow (4-0) at Lanesboro (3-1)
* Spring Grove (3-1) at Mabel-Canton (3-2)
PHERSY: Feldy, after another awful week, I need to try something new. So I'm gonna rip through these picks, no research, just first team that comes to mind...I have to break this slump!
BIG NINE CONFERENCE
* Rochester Mayo 28, Faribault 14: Spartans get back on track.
* Plainview-Elgin-Millville 27, Rochester Lourdes 26: Going with road warriors this week?
* Stewartville 47, Lake City 22: Lake City is solid, but Stewartville is elite.
* Caledonia 24, Chatfield 7: Caledonia is balanced and the Warriors will be back on top again this year.
* Kenyon-Wanamingo 25, Dover-Eyota 21: All road teams, all night long.
* Grand Meadow 33, Lanesboro 21: Best team in the state takes this one.
* Spring Grove 35, Mabel-Canton 28: This should be a good one!
* * * * *
FELDY: Let's see if I can put some more separation between me and Phersy...
Mayo 33, Faribault 21: If the Spartans are the team they expected to be at the start of the season, and the team they still believe they can be, they come out and take it to the Falcons in Faribault.
Lourdes 28, PEM 24: I like Phersy's pick here, but coach Kesler won't let Lourdes relax with its No. 1 ranking. The Eagles will have a big bullseye on their backs (as if they already didn't) the rest of the way.
Stewartville 38, Lake City 21: No one has been able to slow Stewie's offense yet. As well as Lake City has played, Stewartville is as tough a test as they'll face all year.
Caledonia 34, Chatfield 19: Caledonia has had this game marked on its calendar for almost a year.
Dover-Eyota 20, Kenyon-Wanamingo 17: I don't think I've picked a K-W game correctly all season. Maybe I'll start this week.
Grand Meadow 36, Lanesboro 23: Sticking with the defending state champion Larks.
Spring Grove 22, Mabel-Canton 20: I'll take the Lions with a late score to win on the road.